Dealing with stink bugs infestation is intimidating and one of the questions that cross the minds of many people is Do Stink Bugs Bite. The answer to this question is simply yes, though this occurs whenever the bugs feel threatened. That said, it is important to note the first defense used by stink bugs whenever they sense danger is releasing the odors chemical toxin. They often do this to discourage predators.
Do Stink Bugs Bite – Affects
Whenever you get bitten by stink bugs, the affected area breaks out and a rash develops almost immediately. As mentioned earlier, stink bugs bite is toxic and it this is especially true when they bite kids and your pets. It is for this reason that it is considered important to find the best way of treating stink bug bites.
Do Stink Bugs Bite – Treatment
Treatment After finding the answer to the question do stink bugs bite, it is ideal to look at some of the possible treatment strategies. Some of these are highlighted below.
- Obviously, stink bug bites are known to cause some swelling or itching around the affected areas. One of the most reliable ways for treating stink bug bites is using lavender essential oils. This is a natural strategy and when it is applied around the affected area, the skin absorbs it and eases up the pain in a fast and effective manner.
- Baking soda is also seen as another major strategy for dealing with stink bug bites. In this case, you have to make a paste of the baking soda and water. This mixture should be applied to the area affected and a fifteen to twenty minute wait is advisable. You can also choose to use the paste and some vinegar rather than water. Baking soda is important since in the event bite is acidic, it gets neutralized and this gives you instant relief.
- The irritation and swelling brought about by stink bugs can be dealt with by using a banana peel. In this case, you just rub a portion of it on the affected area and relief is immediately noted.
- Another major way of treating stink bug bites is using Epsom salt. You should mix this with warm water and leave it to adjust to room temperature. Soak cotton wool in this mixture and dab it on the affected area and you will note a reduction in the intensity of the itchiness.
- For the purpose of reducing the itching and burning sensation associated with stink bugs, you can also dab the affected area using calamine lotion.
- There are other instances when the bite might lead to swelling and in such cases it is advisable to get some aspirin. Crush two or more of these and make a paste. This should then be applied on the affected areas. It reduces inflammation and the pain.
- There are several strategies known as effective remedies and these include use of tea tree, lemon juice, aloe Vera gel, paste that is made suing basil leaves and cedar oils among others. By using any of the mentioned chances you get instant relief from stink bug bites. I hope this answers your question Do Stink Bugs Bite.